|ECR 2019 / C-3022|
|Interventional radiologic procedures in thoracic infections: what every radiologist should know|
- Percutaneous biopsy or FNAB can contribute to the diagnosis in selected infectious cases
- Image guided drainage of thoracic infections and fluid collections is the first election if conservative treatment fails and a good alternative of surgical treatment
- Radiologists should know the indications, technique and complications of the procedures
- Ultrasound and CT should be used for guidance
– Ultrasound: technique of choice if possible
– CT: fluid collections not visible by US
Thematically related posters
ECR 2019 / C-3116
Guided percutaneous drainage as an effective management for emphysematous kidney lesions.
ECR 2019 / C-3601
Imaging and interventional management of post-operative urological complications - Radiologist to the rescue!