|ECR 2019 / C-3297|
|Beware of what your child is eating!|
- Pugmire BS, Lim R, Avery LL. Review of ingested and aspirated foreign bodies in children and their clinical significance for radiologists. Radiographics. 2015;35:1528–38.
- Denney W, Ahmad N, Dillard B, Nowicki MJ. Children will eat the strangest things: a 10-year retrospective analysis of foreign body and caustic ingestions from a single academic center. Pediatr Emerg Care2012;28(8):731–734.
- Dhawan SS, Ryder KM, Pritchard E. Massive penny ingestion: the loot with local and systemic effects. J Emerg Med2008;35(1):33–37.
- Ingraham, C.R., Mannelli, L., Robinson, J.D. et al, Radiology of foreign bodies: how do we image them?. Emerg Radiol. 2015;22:425–430.
- Votteler TP, Nash JC, Rutledge JC. The hazard of ingested alkaline disk batteries in children. JAMA 1983;249(18): 2504–2506.
- Hunter, T.B., Taljanovic, M.S. Foreign bodies. Radiographics. 2003; 23:731–757
- Horton, L.K., Jacobson, J.A., Powell, A. et al, Sonography and radiography of soft-tissue foreign bodies. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2001;176:1155–1159.
- Kay M, Wyllie R. Pediatric foreign bodies and their management. Curr Gastroenterol Rep 2005;7(3):212–218
- Butterworth J, Feltis B. Toy magnet ingestion in children: revising the algorithm. J Pediatr Surg 2007;42(12):e3–e5.
- McKinney PE. Acute elevation of blood lead levels within hours of ingestion of large quantities of lead shot. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 2000;38(4):435–440.
- Hesham A-Kader H. Foreign body ingestion: children like to put objects in their mouth. World J Pediatr 2010;6(4): 301–310.
- Arana A, Hauser B, Hachimi-Idrissi S, Vandenplas Y. Management of ingested foreign bodies in childhood and review of the literature. Eur J Pediatr 2001;160(8):468–472
- Rothmann BF, Boeckman CR. Foreign bodies in the larynx and tracheobronchial tree in children: a review of 225 cases. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 1980;89(5 Pt 1):434–436.
Thematically related posters
ECR 2019 / C-0362
Detection of non-metallic foreign bodies of gastrointestinal tract in emergency pediatric practice.
ECR 2019 / C-3238
High-resolution ultrasound capabilities in diabetic peripheral lower extremity polyneuropathy diagnostics for children with type 1 diabetes