|ECR 2018 / C-1245|
|Ultrasound spinal cord of newborn and infants: normal radioanatomy and variant of normal.|
Spinal ultrasound is the best examination in the search for spinal malformations in newborns and infants.
- A conus medullaris in place, above L3.
- A filum terminale , equal to or less than 2 mm.
- Movable lumbar and sacral roots.
- Absence of echogenic mass of dural space.
Any abnormal spinal ultrasound should be
- complemented by an ETF.
- MRI explores the totality of the spinal cord and these envelopes in the different planes of space.
Thematically related posters
ECR 2018 / C-3049
Spinal ultrasound imaging in newborns: indications, normal and pathologic findings