Brought to you by
ECR 2018 / C-1501
Advanced renal cell carcinoma and the new targeted anticancer therapies: When the progression is not progression
Congress: ECR 2018
Poster No.: C-1501
Type: Educational Exhibit
Keywords: Cancer, Diagnostic procedure, CT, Abdomen
Authors: J. A. Fernández Gajardo1, P. Lopez Sala2, G. Unzue2, C. Saavedra Gutierrez2, J. Angarita Beltran2, N. Alonso Ordás2, N. Alberdi2, I. Rubio Marco2, R. Monreal2; 1Pamplona, Navarra/ES, 2Pamplona/ES
DOI:10.1594/ecr2018/C-1501

Background

Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) account for 4% of all adult malignancies. RCC is classificated in clear cell (80%), papillary (10%), chromophobe and other less common histologic types. About 65% of patients have localized tumours (stage I, II and III), which are treated with partial or total nephrectomy. On the other hand, 35% of patients who present with metastatic RCC (mRCC) or with relapse require systemic treatment.

 

The systemic first-line treatment in the past decade was Interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interferon alfa 2b (INFα2b), however the complete remission occurred only 5-7 % of patients and with an important toxicity. The knowledge about molecular and genetic basis of RCC has improved the systemic treatment and has generated the development of targeted anticancer therapies (TAT) that are used as first-line or second-line therapies. Fig. 1 Fig. 2 

Three types of TAT have been approved in mRCC, two antiangiogenic, VEGF receptor inhibitors and mTOR inhibitor; and one immune checkpoint inhibitor, anti-PD-1.

POSTER ACTIONS Add bookmark Contact presenter Send to a friend Download pdf
SHARE THIS POSTER
2 clicks for more privacy: On the first click the button will be activated and you can then share the poster with a second click.

This website uses cookies. Learn more