|ECR 2015 / C-1449|
|When, Why, and How of Thoracic Duct Embolization|
|This poster is published under an open license. Please read the disclaimer for further details.|
- Review the typical anatomy of the thoracic duct.
- Outline the causes of thoracic duct injury and the indications for thoracic duct embolization.
- Review thoracic duct embolization pre-procedural imaging such as magnetic resonance ductography and lymphangiography.
- Describe thoracic duct embolization intra-procedural techniques including: cut-down, lymphatic duct isolation, and pedal lymphangiography, lower extremity lymphangiography, cisterna chyli access and cannulization, thoracic duct lymphangiography, and thoracic duct embolization.
- Discuss thoracic duct embolization procedural success and complications.
Thematically related posters
ECR 2015 / C-1455
Imaging and Embolization: Illustration of Variable Thoracic Duct Anatomy for Thoracic Duct Embolization Pre-Procedure Planning
ECR 2015 / C-1442
Direct percutaneous lymphography and interventional occlusion of a retroperitoneal lymph fistula.